Monday, March 2, 2009
Prince to release new CD set through Target
NEW YORK — Prince is coming to a Target near you.
The superstar is releasing a three-disc CD set through the retailer at the end of this month. The set will include two new albums — "LOtUSFLOW3R" and "MPLSoUND" — as well as a third by his new artist, Bria Valente, for the price of $11.98.
Prince is just the latest music legend to release new music exclusively through a major retailer. AC/DC and the Eagles were among the acts who sold millions of CDs through their partnership with Wal-Mart.
Prince has released his recent CDs through major labels, but they were one-album deals that gave him the flexibility to go elsewhere when the project was done. Last fall, he released a coffee table book of photos titled "21 Nights" documenting his record-breaking, 21-night run at London's 02 Arena in 2007. The book also included a CD of live performances.
"Prince has long been renowned as one of the world's most original and iconic musical artists," said Mark Schindele, Target's senior vice president of merchandising. "We are thrilled to have the opportunity to share his most recent work with our Target guests."
The CD set will be on sale at Target and its Web site on March 29.
Posted by Bridget Taylor at 6:39 PM
- COUPONS! GREAT DEALS! LOOK HERE!
- 7 WORST CASE LAUNDRY ISSUES AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT T...
- HIPPITY HOPPITY EASTERS ON IT'S WAY!
- THE ADOPTION POEM
- HOW SMART IS YOUR DOG?
- Are You The Average Woman?
- MENTAL MINUTE
- SHRED THAT!
- WIPE OUT THE 10 WORST GERM HOT SPOTS
- ERYKAH BADU AT SXSW 2009! Whoo Hoo!
- Decorating Your Home On A Super Tight Budget! (I'...
- MONEY MYTHS THAT JUST WON'T DIE!!!
- Household Items that moonlight doing other kinds o...
- Prince to release new CD set through Target
- ▼ March (14)