Every year, a few standout late adds end up energizing the South by Southwest schedule. One of 2009's is Erykah Badu, who will play a free show at Auditorium Shores on Saturday.
With a new daughter at home and a sequel to "New Amerykah" due out this year, Badu returns to Austin with the Cannabinoids, a group of Dallas urban music all-stars.
So what are Cannabinoids? I'll let Erykah Badu explain. "They are a group of terpenophenolic compounds present in Cannibis sativa. Some of the cannabinoids make you hungry, some make you hallucinate, some make you sleepy. These are these little receptors that are present in this herb. So I was thinking we can create it with us. We can be the synthetic cannabinoids. And I came up with a group of names and did some research on cannabinoids, and these all have different jobs. For example THC is also known as the little brain and controls the heart rate, where hu-210 is kind of like a grey matter that controls thinking in the experience of getting high. So I wanted us to get high through this musical collaboration."
Ummmmmm................. okay! Wow! That's out there!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
- COUPONS! GREAT DEALS! LOOK HERE!
- 7 WORST CASE LAUNDRY ISSUES AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT T...
- HIPPITY HOPPITY EASTERS ON IT'S WAY!
- THE ADOPTION POEM
- HOW SMART IS YOUR DOG?
- Are You The Average Woman?
- MENTAL MINUTE
- SHRED THAT!
- WIPE OUT THE 10 WORST GERM HOT SPOTS
- ERYKAH BADU AT SXSW 2009! Whoo Hoo!
- Decorating Your Home On A Super Tight Budget! (I'...
- MONEY MYTHS THAT JUST WON'T DIE!!!
- Household Items that moonlight doing other kinds o...
- Prince to release new CD set through Target
- ▼ March (14)